Online-only files do not take up space on your computer and are marked with . The files do not take up any space on your PC until they are downloaded.
Convert to online-only status
You can convert temporary local-only files marked with and local-only files marked with to online-only. Online-only files do not take up space on your PC and can be downloaded if necessary.
- Right-click the file you want to change to online-only in the sync folder.
- Click ‘Free up space’.
If you delete online-only files, you can find them in the Drive Trash on the PC web. You can restore them only from the Drive PC web. The deleted files are not moved to the Recycle Bin (Trash) of your PC.
- Right-click the online-only file to delete in the sync folder.
- Click ‘Delete’.
Online-only files can be moved within the Sync Folder. If you want to move them outside the Sync Folder, you can do so by downloading them.
Move within the Sync Folder
- Drag & drop the online-only file from the Sync Folder to the location you want to move within the Sync Folder.
- The online-only file is moved to the location of your choice.
Move outside the Sync Folder
- Drag & drop the online-only file from the Sync Folder to the location you want outside the Sync Folder.
- The online-only file that was previously in the Sync Folder is converted to a temporary local-only file and is removed from the Sync Folder.
※ You can check the removed files in the Drive Trash on the PC web.
- The file is moved out of the Sync Folder.
If you are copying an online-only file, the file is downloaded, and then copied in the state of a temporary local-only file. The same applies to moving the file outside the Sync Folder.
- Right-click the online-only file to copy in the Sync Folder.
- Click ‘Copy’.
- Move to the location to copy the file.
- Right-click on an empty space.
- Click ‘Paste’.
Renaming an online-only file doesn’t change the sync status of the file.
- Right-click the online-only file to rename in the Sync Folder.
- Click ‘Rename’.
- Enter a name to change the file name.