For safe file sharing, set a company-wide file security policy within the LINE WORKS services.
- Select 'Security' from the left to expand the menu and press 'File Security' to access the page. On mobile, tap the button to access the menus.
- You can change the settings by pressing the button on the right for each field.
- At the top right, press 'Save' to apply changes.
Restrict file download on the mobile app
You can restrict file downloads from the LINE WORKS mobile app to members’ devices. You can set whether to limit file downloads for each service.
If you restrict file downloads,
- You can preview the attached/sent document file on the viewer, but the button to download does not appear.
- You can preview the image/video file on the viewer, but the button to download does not appear.
You can select whether to apply this function differently for each authority template in the 'Security> Service Authority'.
Restrict file uploads on the mobile app
You can restrict file uploads from mobile devices to the LINE WORKS mobile app.
- In the mobile app, the file/video/photo select button and photo/video recording button to attach files from the device do not appear.
- The button to select a photo from the device on the mobile app's Contacts does not appear.
- When sharing a file from the external app, the LINE WORKS mobile app is not in the list of apps to send files.
When you turn the 'Watermark' setting on, all of the images, documents, videos you view on the mobile app will open on LINE WORKS mobile document viewer and have the watermark displayed.
The watermark allows you to verify the source of internal information leakage.
- The watermark displays the image, document, or video viewer's company name, account, access date, and time.
- The watermark is not displayed while uploading or editing.
- The watermark is not displayed when someone opens the document viewer without logging in, such as via drive link sharing (open to everyone, anyone with a password, secure OTP).
Block file extensions
You can set not to upload, transfer, or download files with specific extensions that may distribute malicious codes within the LINE WORKS services.
- You can select which services to apply the file extension block.
- You can specify the types of extensions to block.
After saving, it may take up to 1 hour to apply in the services.
Select services to block
File extensions specified as 'Extensions to block' from the selected services will not be shared.
Emails sent from IPs allowed in the inbox of the IP management are received even if a blocked file is attached.
|Calendar (Team/Group Event)||
|Drive (Team/Group Folder)||
When connecting services, such as attaching a file from Drive to other services or saving files to Drive, the file will be blocked if one of the services has a restriction.
Manage file extensions to block
- To prevent the inflow and spread of malicious codes or viruses, the recommended extensions to block are set as defaults.
- You can remove extensions set as default by choice.
- Also, you can add up to 200 file extensions to block according to your company policy.
For batch files, executable files, and libraries, extensions and contents are checked together. This strengthens security as it can block the files according to the content despite having different extensions.
- DOS batch file : .bat, .cmd
- (Windows 32/64bit) PE file : .exe, .scr
- (Windows 32/64bit) PE library : .cpl, .dll, .ocx
Other extensions are blocked based on the extension entered in the file name.
Restrict file transfer · attachments in the external message room
You can restrict file transfer/attachment in message rooms or groups with external members (both LINE WORKS users from other companies and LINE users).
|Chatroom with LINE users||If on, members cannot share files in message rooms with LINE users participating.
|Chatrooms with external LINE WORKS users||If on, members cannot share files in message rooms with LINE WORKS users from other companies.
This setting can also be changed on the 'Service > Message > External messaging' page.